With the Club's growing membership, we believe in making club Sanctioned runs more accessible to members. Today so many of the members have Club Registered cars the only way they can get their pride and joy out on the open road, is on a
Club Sanctioned Event.
Organising a club run, big or small, can be a lot of fun but also quite daunting to the newcomer. Below is a simple Template to assist members who want to be involved with the club and to help out in a small way by organising a club run or event.
An eZy event ca be almost anything. . . a run in the country to motor sports events or car displays, fete's, Restaurants, BBQ spots etc. . . any drive that you might like some other Club member/s and there Zeds to join you on.
If you would like help with organising a run or need some more information please send an email to your club president - David Robertson
A few rules exist . . . .
- With our current insurance policy with the Confederation of Australian Motor Sport, CAMS we are required to submit in writing details of any run/event the club wishes to hold. All club runs/events must be submitted, in writing and approved either the Club President or Vice-President then passed to CAMS to notify them of our clubs run/event to ensure we are not required to apply for a CAMS Permit to hold/attend such a run/event. “A minimum of 5 days is required for this”. Please Phone either the Club President or Vice President if you plan to organize such a run.
- The event must be of a non-competitive nature ie does not have a set time for completion; is not a timed event; does not involve a prize; does not involve nominated speeds or times for sections.
- Information sent out must include: "The Z Car Club Queensland Inc. promotes and expects safe and responsible driving at all times" and "The Z Car Club Queensland Inc. is a CAMS affilliated club.
You need to provide the following info . . . . .
- All contact details of the organiser
- An approximate time and place to meet (street directory map references are very handy)
- Departure time;
- Where you are going;
- What you will be doing;
- What to bring eg. Map, Towel, Hat, Chair, Food etc;
- Possible distance you will be travelling is also handy for fuel requirements; (remember for longer trips - 98 octane fuel needs to be an option)
- Approximate return time.
Please forward all applicable information to:
Tony Hooker -
Secretary - for bulk email sending to all club members & organising details for website